1) We workout in between our clients. A trainer’s day to day is filled with cancels and reschedules that allow for an opportunity to PUMP some IRON! (Schwarzenegger voice) Therefore, sometimes when we see you, we were literally sweating profusely five minutes before you arrived. We quickly slap on some deodorant, perfume and/or body spray and… Walla! Here we are ready to train you. We’ll take a workout any time of day!
2) “Tuck your shirt in” is the universal training code for “Oh S***, a cardio-burst is coming.” And not just any cardio burst; one that involves jumping, of course! We see your eye rolling and we don’t care. It’s for your own good ☺
3) We miscount. A lot. Multi-tasking can be hard! Don’t judge. Reps are significant. (Especially if you are muscle building) But! We care more about keeping your heart rate up and staying in your THR zone.
4) Your form is important, but sometimes…. your gossip is much more important! We will let your “perfect” bicep curl slide for a good story. What!? We care.
5) When we see a gym member doing a machine incorrectly, we can’t help but watch and stare for a good minute…or five…before we decide to go assist. Honestly, it never get’s old. Unless we are afraid they will injure themselves, it’s quite entertaining to watch someone sit backwards in a chest press machine. Please come ask us if you’re not sure. That’s why we are here.
We sincerely want to help you meet your goals (weight loss, rehabilitation, bulk, buns of steel) but our main goal is to teach you how to actually enjoy exercise and eating healthy. (aka: making it a lifestyle) We dedicate our time and energy to your specific goal. However, in the long run, if you truly change your lifestyle and continue exercising on a regular basis with or without us, then as trainers, we have succeeded.